I can’t even begin to imagine the thoughts that were running through 10 year-old Zia Terry’s mind as she stood at the top of this ski jump for the very first time. Looking down at the steep slope, picturing what you’re about to do, and asking yourself: “Can I really do this? Will I make it? Am I brave enough to face this?”
When the members of the US Women’s Ski Jumping Team saw this video, they were so moved that they invited Zia to the Olympic Park in Park City to meet them in person.
“We just wanted to thank you for showing over a million people what it’s like to ski jump.. and having the courage to do that. So we’d like to make you’re an honorary junior team member,” said first-ranked women’s ski jumper Sarah Hendrickson.
And with that, the group gave her the honorary ski jacket to be one of them for that moment. Because all the members at one time shared the same experience of being on top of that hill for the first time, terrified to hit that jump full speed. – Source
This is such a great example of facing up to your feelings, overcoming your fears, and taking a leap of faith. Wow! Go Zia!
Did you already share this?
Share it now:
- How to: Toasted Marshmallow Shot Glasses with Baileys
- These Two Blind Sisters See for the First Time… Their Reaction Will Leave You Speechless.
- This Dog Just REALLY Loves the Water
- I Didn’t Think an Elephant with a Prosthetic Leg Could Make Me Cry… And yet Here I Am…
- This Sickening Video Shows Why You Should Never Ever Give an UZI to a 9-Year-Old Girl
- Ferocious Pit Bull Attacks Innocent… Bubbles!
- This Couple Found a Broken Old iMac at a Garage Sale… and THIS Is What They Made
- This Is All You Need in Life: Grilled Mac & Cheese in Shots of Tomato Soup.